|Delivery time:||2-3 days|
Altra Provision 3.5 Women's Running Shoes
With innovative technologies, the Altra Provision 3.5 Women's Running Shoes will provide you with a comfortable and supported ride no matter what the distance.
The Provision 3.5 has a durable mesh upper, a revamp from previous editions. Despite being tough and durable, it is also lightweight and breathable, allowing a steady airflow in and out to keep the feet feeling fresh and cool despite the feet working hard on long runs. Thicker material covers the toes and the heel walls, offering both support and protection to these particularly vulnerable areas. Altra's Footshape toes box means that the feet can spread out naturally, whilst keeping the big to in a straight position for more comfort, speed and stability. Up the foot laces and a padded tongue mean that you can easily find the perfect and comfortable fit.
Within the midsole, there is durable and reactive EVA. This is Altra's developed A-Bound cushioning, an extremely lightweight EVA foam, which absorbs shocks, cushions the feet and provides effective rebound, giving you a spring in each step. Altra has also used their Stablipod within the midsole. This is three stability-enhancing zones which act as a tripod during your run. This is to protect your foot against excessive foot collapse or pronation. Fit4Her technology customises the midsole and insole to each individual's unique anatomy of the foot. The foot sits on a zero-drop platform, which encourages a natural low-impact running form throughout your run.
Durable Rubber Outsole
Made with a durable rubber, the outsole is abrasion-resistant and provides users with supreme traction. Using Footpod technology, the unique midsole and outsole pattern maps the bones and tendons of the foot, allowing it to flex when it naturally wants to. The Guiderail runs down the centre of the shoe, which provides great stability and equal energy transfer.
Altra started in the back room of a speciality running store in the Wasatch Mountains, United States of America. The store noticed they were getting runners from all over the country visiting and complaining of knee pain, shin splints and recurring foot pain. One person in particular noticed this, Golden Harper the founder of Altra. Golden studied running injuries in college and combining his knowledge of injuries and a video analysis at his store made it easy to see and more understandable that traditional running shoes promoted poor form and excessive impact.
This switched on the lightbulb in Golden Harper's head and made him want to help runners achieve their best without pain as well as run and live healthy, happy and naturally. Early concepts were made in a toaster oven and were created to try a new way to reduce the injuries of Altra's customers. The toaster oven served a purpose of melting outsoles off of traditional running shoes and then Golden removed the excess heel elevation. This helped Altra to start creating zero drop running shoes.
The zero drop was just one of the steps taken to return runners feet to their natural position, Altra built a distinctive footshape toe box specifically to help alleviate foot problems. It also enhanced stability and comfort while providing a more powerful push-off.
- Durable Mesh - Tough yet lightweight and breathable.
- Heel and Toe Protection - Support and protection offered to the heel and toe with thicker material.
- Footshape Toes Box - Toes can spread out naturally which provides greater comfort, speed and stability.
- Comfortable Fit - Up the foot laces and a padded tongue.
- A-Bound Midsole - Reactive midsole material absorbs shocks, cushions the feet and provides effective rebound.
- Stablipod - Three stability-enhancing zones act as a tripod during a run.
- Fit4Her Technology - Customises the midsole and insole for individuals unique anatomy.
- Zero-Drop - Encourages a low-impact running form through your run.
- Durable Rubber - Abrasion-resistant and supreme traction.
- Footpod Technology - Unique midsole and outsole pattern maps the bones and tendons for support.
- Guiderail - Greater stability and energy transfer.
- Stack Height - 25mm
- Heel to Toe Drop - 0mm
Call us on 01244 313777 for more information and help on Natural Running.