The Alp Forest micro crampon from Nortec has been developed with serious outdoor enthusiasts in mind.
As their name might suggest, these tough traction aids have been designed to suit the needs of mountaineers, tekkers, trail runners and people who like to be outside all day, every day. They grant superb levels of grip and traction on ice, unstable terrain, frozen ground and other slippery surfaces while keeping weight and bulk to a minimum.
Their low profile and flexibility is the result of Nortec's use of top quality materials and construction methods. High-strength, short-link stainless steel chain adheres to the shape of the shoe, and their twisted design makes for low-profile protrusions which add extra bite and traction alongside the purpose-built underfoot spike plates.
The three plates are ergonomically laid out - one at the heel and two in the forward foot, hinged and connected by flexible links - to flex with the foot and grant a contact point at every stage of the step. These plates are stainless steel and have been heat treated to offer greater toughness. A total of 13 spikes measuring 8 millimetres each offer superb bite and traction without being obtrusive or obstructive.
The high-tech polymer harness is incredibly tough, having been stress tested to – 60 °C, yet it's incredibly stretchy and flexible. It gives a secure yet comfortable fit in seconds - simply place it over toes, stretch it out to a secure fit around the heel, and go! the Alp Forest's feature an extra velcro strap over the top of the shoe, to ensure a firm and secure fit no matter how slipper or unstable the conditions get.
By assessing the needs of professionals and outdoor enthusiasts, Nortec have developed the Alp Forest micro crampon to stand up to the toughest conditions and meet the needs of most demanding users. These tough hiking/running aids are perfect for those who love the outdoors and want grip and stability in any conditions, whether you're tackling icey winter walks, alpine treks or rough woodland trails.
Please note, these micro crampons are designed to aid traction on snow or ice but cannot prevent all slips or falls. Always take care when walking/running in slippery conditions!
- Best Use: Trekking on hard snow and ice | Trekking on fresh snow | Winter trekking | Mountaineering | Hiking | Trail Running
- Points: 13 x 8mm
- Construction: Hi-tech silicon elastomer, Heat treated stainless steel plates, high quality, high resistance, short link stainless steel chain
- Weight: 430 g | 15.2 oz
- Easy to fit
- Front hinged crampons to prevent accumulations of snow and ice
- Steel hoop on the shoe‘s tip for excellent stability
- 13 steel 8 mm long crampon spikes for stability, grip and comfort
- Silicon elastomer tested up to – 60 °C for a quick a comfortable fit and perfect positioning on boot, shoe or trainer
- Elastic velcro band to fix fit over the top of the shoe to ensure excellent fit and stability
- Twisted stainless steel chain to improve grip, structure and reliability even in the toughest conditions
- Metal components are non-reflective and elastomer is military green
- Ergonomically shaped plates to improve stability and ride comfort
- All metal components are stainless steel
- Includes compact case with plastic hook to hang up the case on the backpack. Two pockets to keep crampons separate