The Shimano TR5 Triathlon shoes are a high-performance shoe for speedy transitions and optimum power.
The Shimano TR5 Triathlon shoes offer high-performance features at an entry-level price. The reversed strap closure and heel strap allow fast transitions and the quick dry interior is comfortable even without socks. The lightweight glass fiber reinforced-polyamide sole ensures efficient pedaling.
Optimized Shoe Last The toe-spring section of a cycling shoe plays a key role in supporting efficient pedaling. Too high, and it causes increased tension in the plantar, calf, and hamstring muscles. Too low, and you get a bowlegged, inefficient pedaling form. Extensive research by Shimano's R&D experts has produced a superior shoe last design with an optimized toe-spring section that promotes a smoother, more energy-efficient upstroke. Built based on feedback from pro riders, Shimano Dynalast helps reduce energy loss on long rides, letting you keep more in the tank for that final sprint to the line.
CUT BRAKING LOSS WITH MORE EFFICIENT PEDALING Braking loss is the unwanted loss of power that occurs between the crank angles of 200｡ and 360｡ in the backspin direction of a pedal stroke. Shoes incorporating Shimano Dynalast help to reduce braking loss by promoting smoother, more efficient pedaling. If you want to reduce fatigue, get the most out of your legs, and go the extra mile, ride Shimano Dynalast.
- Please Note: Going up half a size from normal shoe size is suggested.
- Entry level triathlon shoe that delivers high performance for the enthusiast
- Supple synthetic leather and 3D moisture control mesh uppers
- Reversed strap closure and heel strap for fast transitions
- Quick-dry interior for comfort without socks
- Strap position keeper for faster entry
- Shimano Dynalast secures the foot into the ideal ergonomic position for a more efficient up-stroke
- Lightweight glass fiber reinforced-polyamide sole
- SPD-SL and SPD cleat compatible
- Cycle Shoe Type: Three Bolt
- Cycle Shoe Closing: Dial